Insurance For Young, Unexperienced Vehicle Drivers in Spain

At Cogesa Expats we sometimes are approached by expats who recently moved to Spain and are unable to insure a car or a motorcycle with Spanish insurance companies if they want the coverage to include their children driving the vehicle. Thus, many younger expats cannot buy their own car insurance or stay under their parents’ insurance preventing them from using the car while they live in Spain.

Young Drivers Face Difficulties for Obtaining a Car Insurance

This is quite common as insurance companies do not want to incur into extra risks by issuing insurance policies to young, unexperienced drivers who might be more prone to suffer accidents on the road. According to Spanish newspaper El País quoting insurance companies “male drivers under 25 and with less than 5 years of driving experience are more likely to be involved in traffic accidents” thus becoming more dangerous on the road.

Understandably, age limits established by insurance companies usually disappear around 26 years of age or when the driver has acquired some driving experience. However, there are certain requirements that when met would allow you to get an insurance whose policy covers younger drivers. Our experienced insurance agents have been dealing with this kind of issues and manage to provide a seamless solution for expat parents. As a example, quite recently in a similar situation our agents managed to provide motorcycle and car insurances for a father that included coverage for his two young men in their low twenties.

If you are facing the same problem and have been unsuccessfully looking around for a solution please contact us and we will provide a straightforward answer to your challenge. Don’t hesitate to reach us by phone or email during office hours or fill out the form below. We’ll get in touch as soon as possible to help you with your need.

Cogesa Expats processes your information in line with our Privacy Policy.

Comments are closed.