Taking out a travel insurance can protect you and people traveling with you during your holidays, getaways or weekend escapes and the best thing is that they are not expensive.
In 2020 in the age of coronavirus some Spanish insurance companies have included Covid19 among the illnesses covered by their policies. The goal is clear to provide peace of mind to travelers who decide to adventure on a trip in 2020. The policy can cover the cancellation of the trip if the insurer or a family member becomes sick before traveling and the assistance in the event of getting Covid19 during the trip.
A One-time Insurance or an Annual Travel Insurance
One-time travel insurances are useful for travelers who are going on a sporadic trip somewhere while annual travel insurances are designed for people traveling often or who are always on the move. Regarding price an annual travel insurance (around € 200) can be 3x or 4x the price of a one-time travel insurance.
General Covers in a Annual Travel Insurance
The general covers included in an annual travel insurance are as follows:
- Medical Assistance: covering medical expenses, hospitalization and surgery up to a certain amount while on a trip. The amount covered by the insurance differs and can range from € 1,500 in Spain to € 100,000 abroad (even unlimited coverage if desired).
- Dental Care: many travel insurances cover dental care treatments abroad up to a certain amount.
- Repatriation & Medical transport: is included in case you need to return to your country or to a hospital in case of needing medical assistance.
- Transport in case of death: in the event of the death both the insurer and the relatives would be transfered to Spain.
- Prolonged stay in case of illness: if the return trip cannot be made due to an illness or an accident the insurance pays for some extra days at a hotel (with some limits regarding to the cost of the room per day and the amount of days)
- Other coverages: the annual travel insurance covers also sending medicines abroad, some first-help money in case the luggage does not arrive in 24 hours, a compensation for any lost or stolen luggage, a compensation for a delayed departure, etc.
There are many things to take into account when taking out a travel insurance. One of the most important things to check is the total amount of medical expenses covered abroad. Some countries like the US have a very expensive health care system and that is a very good reason why you need to be sure that you are fully covered during your trip.
If you want to check with us, a renowned Spanish insurance broker focused on expats, the options available for a one-time travel insurance to your selected destination or an annual travel insurance that gets you covered under all your trips please do contact us at Cogesa Expats here or fill the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible to talk about the specific details.